David Watson is uniquely positioned to assist clients on a global scale. His practice focuses on international white-collar investigations and assisting business clients in and out of the courtroom. He is a dual citizen of the U.S. and U.K., speaks multiple languages and focused his legal education on international matters.
David attended the University of Texas at Dallas, where he served as the President of the Pre-Law Society. He took an active role in mock trial and mediation tournaments at both the national and international level, serving as an All-American Advocate as well as an All-American Mediator. David went on to attend SMU Dedman School of Law and represented SMU as a national mock trial competitor at the largest moot court tournament in the world. He served as Associate Managing Editor of the International Law Review, editing articles on a wide variety of business topics.
David broadened his knowledge in corporate law as a Research Assistant for a recently published book on securities law, with a focus on insider trading. He gained valuable experience working for outside counsel law firms, an in-house corporate legal department, and a Texas State District Judge. David has worked on cases leading all the way to a jury verdict.
Outside of the office, David enjoys competitive sports, particularly basketball and tennis, and is an avid soccer fan.
In the News
Securities and Exchange Commission v. Cuban: A Trial of Insider Trading, 47 Sec. Reg. L.J. 189, 293-96 (2019) (book review)
I have benefited from the firm’s deep relationships with other lawyers and at the courthouse.
General CounselEscalante Golf, Inc.
SMU Dedman School of Law
- Juris Doctor
- International Law Review, Associate Managing Editor
- International Moot Court
- Brief Writer and Oralist, Wilhelm C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, Vienna, Austria
- Mock Trial
- National Civil Trial Competition, San Diego, California
- Board of Advocates, Advocate Award
- Deans Scholarship Recipient
The University of Texas at Dallas
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, magna cum laude
- Dean's List
- John Marshall Pre-Law Society, President
- All American Advocate Award by the International Academy of Dispute Resolution
- All American Mediator Award by the International Academy of Dispute Resolution
- Best Attorney Award, Undergraduate Mock Trial Invitational